Monday, November 29, 2010

Awesomeness all around AKA December is here?!?


Thanksgiving was spent in warm, sunny Florida where my boyfriend and I WENT TO UNIVERSAL STUDIOS ISLANDS OF ADVENTURES AND SAW THE HARRY POTTER WORLD! Even though my fandom for the series has settled into a comfortable fondness (10 years ago I would have been one of those fans who had to buy the t-shirt....and the scarf...and the hat...etc, etc), I truly enjoyed seeing the series brought to life. Plus, the tiny kids in wizard robes were adorable (note: those robes are $100 each. Mom and Dad's bank account was hurting after that vacation). It was so crowded that we did not get to venture into the stores, just the rides (since we were staying at a hotel on site, our room key got us to the front of the lines, baby!). I hope to post some pictures soon.

Now I'm back in Providence, and it's mind-boggling how much stuff I have to do before I go home for Christmas! My RISD and Montserrat students are finishing up their semester, I have some commissions to take care of, and there is a secret project I'm starting (shh) for a company in NYC. Oh, and let's not forget holiday shopping! Still have to get those gifts...

3 comments:

  1. I so, so want to see Harry Potter world! Is it still that crowded? I thought since the school year started that it might have cleared up a bit... maybe I need to wait a few years, lol.

    Anyway, you illustration is gorgeous! I adore the way you paint your foxes. The colors are gorgeous, and I love the plants and trees. It reminds me so much of Mary Blair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a good time at the Harry Potter world. :) I love all the detail you put into your illustrations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren I love this! It's beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete