Saturday, May 24, 2008

Etsy Pissing Contest

I like to go the Etsy forums from time to time to post and get my avatar clicked on. I respond to people asking for critiques, answer a business question from time to time, and sometimes I even like to watch the occasional bickering that happens between two members (scandalous, I know!).
However, “occasional” has seemed to turn into “all the time” which is kinda getting on my nerves. Perhaps everyone is restless now that the warm weather is taking customers away from their computers?? I’m not sure, but I do know that it’s getting really old fast. There seems to be a handful of people who like to come out of the woodwork just to be a know-it-all or shoot someone else’s opinion down, which seems silly and counter productive.
Also, in a recent thread artists were described as “doing what they want and saying what they want” plus having less-than-civil behavior. Since when did artists become pirates? I’m a little tired of the whole “I can’t be a functional member of society because I’m and artist, man!” routine. I guess I missed that class in school: Behaving Like a Disgruntled Preteen 101.

No comments:

Post a Comment