Friday, March 21, 2014

Studio Tour

The artists I work with at Happy Happy are doing a series of studio tours. How great is that? I usually have only had a small corner in a room for my studio in the past, but now I have a fairly large half of a room, which is great! It's so interesting to see where people work.


Here is the main shot of my studio, which takes up half of our guest room/ we-don't-have-anywhere-to-put-this-oh-heck-let's-throw-it-in-here room. I have a small $20 Ikea desk for my laptop and a large 6 foot long fold out table that I use for my painting desk (you can get one for $50 at your local home improvement store. Totally recommend it! It also doubles as a display table for art shows).



You may notice that I don't have a wiacom tablet out. I actually don't even have a mouse! I do all my digital work with my finger and the built in "track pad" on my laptop, including redrawing sketches as vector with the pen tool. Crazy? Yes. I have just grown so accustomed to this that I really don't mind. I'm sure this will change later in the year, but for now it's second nature.

Want to see the rest of the interview? Go here!



No comments:

Post a Comment