Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Ed2010: "Digital Age"



This was a piece for Ed2010.com about editors transitioning into the digital age and abandoning the ways of print. Ironically, the topic also effects myself along with the entire illustration field as more magazines and publications are tying to move content online (for some it is a modern choice while for others a financial move). As I was working on this, I couldn't help but chuckle because my illustration students had recently worked on a very "businessy" illustration for an editorial assignment. You know, suits and ties...people in offices....it's hard to think of something not obvious and still very much artistically "you" when working with some of these topics. It was my turn! In the end I was very happy to have my editor out of the office and still very much in my world. I will say if there is one difference doing online illustration, it's that the images are usually TINY, although this one ended up looking good (and clear) in its small format. Love the color, and those are my cowboy boots.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice. It's great to meet a successful illustrator, as I'm the sort who is just started out and only got my first book deal this last week. I can't wait to see more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the kind words! I can't wait to see some of your surface design patterns- I love that you incorporate patterns into your illustrations.

    this piece is fantastic and those boots are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your art! Thank you for dropping by, I'll be keeping an eye on your beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. I awarded you with the Honest Scrap Award! You may already know what to do but basically you let people know 10 honest facts about yourself and then pass the award along to 7 other people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Job! I loved using Freehand for digital illustration back in college. I would love to use that program or something updated again. Love the illustration!

    ReplyDelete