Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Back To The Paintbrush!



I have been very excited about some recent digital work (and using technology to work with hand-done elements), but gosh darn...sometimes a girl just needs to paint! It was was a great change of pace to get back into a full gouache painting again (This was for Happy Happy- see the other covers displayed here throughout March!). The funny this, as I get more savvy with my digital work, I find that it really influences my analog work. Everything is so precise and almost surgical with software that I like to be more organic and loose with my paintings. Switching between the two has been a great way to work. It truly goes to show that you don't need to just pick one method of art-making. Keep scrolling to see some in-progress shots!




No comments:

Post a Comment