Friday, May 23, 2008

I mean business, y'all!

Photobucket

Photobucket

New online portfolio at altpick! altpick.com/laurenminco

I recently realized that my postcard plan has one minor glitch- I can't get into the computer lab until July, which means I can't scan/send the work for the mailers until then. No biggie, because I probably need June to paint anyway.

I hit 30 sales on Etsy! That means as a new seller I'm roughly doing 10 sales per month. Awesome.

More importantly, I've decided that I needed to get all those books that a young struggling artist like me should have. I ordered 4 books, the first one that arrived from Amazon was 2008 Children's Writer's and Illustrator's Market. I have to admit, I didn't know how helpful it would be since it has to do a lot more with being an author, but there are so many Young Adult Publishers and magazines that the section on clients was well worth the $21. I have over 200 new Art Directors to contact! Better get painting...

No comments:

Post a Comment