Monday, March 10, 2008

Ow, my toe.

 All etsy sellers have their "other" identities. It could be a middle school teacher, stay at home mom, bartender, serial killer (well, hopefully not that one). Anyway, I have several including freelance-editorial-illustrator-hoping-to-bust-into-children's-books. I got back from meetings in New York a couple of weeks ago after some successful talks and discoverd that Art Directors prefer me for the "tween" market for book jackets (I actually prefer this rather than a year-long project at the moment). 
 One day down in the city I wore my great kitten heels and  was trying to keep up with all the New Yorker traffic. By the end of the day my feet were killing me. And now one toe has been acting funny days later. Popping? cracking? I don't know how to describe the feeling. I was actually concerned that I had broken it after I was told that thing sort of happens sometimes without major bruising or pain right away. Of course, if that's true there's nothing that can be done- no tiny casts or anything. Oh, how we artists suffer sometimes... well, okay, I do get to sleep in and take court TV breaks whenever I want to, so maybe I don't suffer THAT much. 

Oh look, it's 2 o'clock. I think Judge Marie Lopez is on...

No comments:

Post a Comment